Saturday, June 21, 2008

Condemned to remember


I beg, cry and pray for freedom,
Hoping you will grant it to me some day
But at times my vision blurs
And I cross the line in a haze!

A blasphemous silence is all you have,
A gift you offer me every day,
I have accepted it graciously
Knowing that I won't ever find that ray!

Sunset has become more beautiful than ever
For it reminds me of a speechless you,
That moonlit night, that starry sky
All they offer are countless memories of you!

An ocean of happiness is what I hide
It makes me weak, but often strong
The memories will die their own death
and I shall know I was always wrong!

That road we walked on still bears our footprints,
That palace of dreams still echoes our laughter
So what if you didn't hold my hand,
I always knew there wouldn't be a 'happily ever after'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah ladki!!! that comes straight from the heart....

moonlit sky....starry night....palace of dreams....

pankaj

Neha said...

beautiful!i'm truly touched.